Catappa leaves have been widely used in aquariums in Asian countries for a long time already. Owners and breeders of various fish and animals such as fighting fish, discus, shrimp, crawfish and pecostomus use the leaves for the treatment of bacterial ailments, and also to heal injuries of fish, such as bites or transportation wounds. The risk of wound infections is tremendously decreased when our catappa leaves are being used. The mucous membranes are strengthened.
It is remarkable that bacteria useful to the aquarium are verifiably not impaired when catappa leaves are being used.
When transporting fish, it is strongly recommended to add catappa leaves or a small piece of catappa bark to the water used. This decreases the susceptibility and stress significantly which the animals experience from high concentrations of bacteria.
When it comes to breeding, catappa leaves help promote the mating disposition of your fish, and reduce spawn fungi. By releasing humic acids and tanning agents, catappa leaves create a natural surrounding and increase the vitality and well-being of your aquarium occupants.
• Promotes the vitality and well-being of your animals
• Originates from the natural environment of your shrimps and fish
• Supports your shrimps’ molt
• Indispensable for many species
• Have astringent properties
• Contain numerous natural substances that have a positive effect
on the water and the fish
• Strengthen the creatures’ endogenous defense systems and reduce their stress